1. “Your past doesn’t define who you are. It just gives you the starting point for who you’re going to be.
2. “Some of the best lessons we ever learn are learned from past mistakes. The error of the past is the wisdom and success of the future.
3. “My past has not defined me, destroyed me, deterred me, or defeated me; it has only strengthened me.
4. “The past is our definition. We may strive, with good reason, to escape it, or to escape what is bad in it, but we will escape it only by adding something better to it.
5. “I am not someone who is ashamed of my past. I’m actually really proud. I know I made a lot of mistakes, but they, in turn, were my life lessons.
6. “The past can’t hurt you anymore, not unless you let it.
7. “The past speaks to us in a thousand voices, warning and comforting, animating, and stirring to action.
8. “Just because the past taps you on the shoulders, doesn’t mean you have to look back.
9. “Don’t let yesterday use up too much of today.
10. “Consider the past and you shall know the future.
11. “We can draw lessons from the past, but we cannot live in it.
Lyndon B. Johnson
12. “Always look at what you have left. Never look at what you have lost.
Robert H. Schuller